5 FOUNDY STREET
ASHEVILLE , NC
The Wedge at Foundation is located a mile upstream from Wedge Studios. This historic building was constructed by Hans Rees and Sons in 1898 to house what would become the largest leather tannery in the country. Rees invented the process by which cowhides are cured, tanned and finished to turn high-powered engine transmissions. Today the Foundation buildings are very much a part of the River Arts community. Known for the large graffiti murals, the area is a draw for some of the nations top muralists. The Wedge Brewery added its second brewery/tasting room in 2017 to expand with its River Arts neighborhood.